Eating Disorders Community
could I be prego or is it in my head?

This forum is for questions and support regarding Anorexia, Athletes, Binge Eating, Body Image, Bulimia, Causes of Eating Disorders, Dental Issues, Laxative Abuse, Male Eating Disorders, Media Images, Pregnancy, Support Groups, Teens

could I be prego or is it in my head?

So I suffer from binge and purge, and I would say a little bulimia and anorexia. I dont like to stick to just 1, anyway ive been dealing w this for about 7yrs and 4 years of it seriously control ing my life itseems.  Anyway im a week late which im trying not to read into to much because my period s aee never that regular.  But its been over a week now my breasts are now becoming really sore I have a really white thick discharge light cramps no t to bad and its like this pressure that just hurts aft er sex in my vag area, also ive been really gassy... I know these are some symptoms of being prego but as we all know prego tests are not cheap and I dont wish to waste my $ if this is all in my head. The mind is a very powerful thing... I know I should just suck it up and take the test but I hate that moment of hope and the grief that comes after that little negative sign appears... its not like were trying but when all these signs happen and then its a no... its hurts and I hate myself for even thinkin it was a possibility. Hating myself for being sick to where getting pregnant will probably be really hard.. just any advice ill take thanx...
Hi!
This must be really hard for you. However, this cycle of anorexia, binge and purging can often lead to low weight or weight fluctuations and other changes in body which can mimic pregnancy. You can miss periods, have body aches and vaginal discharge due to estrogen fluctuations. However, as you know, these can be signs of pregnancy too. Given your condition, it is difficult to say what could be the cause of missed periods. If your periods have been irregular in past, then wait for the maximum number of days after which you had your periods. If you do not get your periods until then, please take a pregnancy test and see. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.