Eating Disorders Community
cravings for spicy & junk

This forum is for questions and support regarding Anorexia, Athletes, Binge Eating, Body Image, Bulimia, Causes of Eating Disorders, Dental Issues, Laxative Abuse, Male Eating Disorders, Media Images, Pregnancy, Support Groups, Teens

cravings for spicy & junk

Im 29 weeks & 3 days, im starting to be picky with food again. I like to eat spicy & junk food.. these are my cravings for now.. is this normal? Will it affect the baby?
Hi!
No, food cravings are normal in pregnancy and can occur at any time. You can try eating a fruit, drink milk and eat sprouts etc in between such cravings. You can also opt for healthier food options from the junk food you like. Spicy food can also have healthy food options. Usually this does not last long and you will soon be back to your normal diet routine. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.