Eating Disorders Expert Forum
do i have an eating disorder
About This Forum:

Questions in the Emotional Eating forum are answered by medical experts. Topics covered include eating disorders, anger and eating, anxiety and eating, binge eating, depression and eating, eating to "fit in", emotional eating, fill the void eating, guilt and eating, loneliness and eating, social eating, and stress and eating.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

do i have an eating disorder

im 13 and i weigh some where between 120 and 130 and every day i only eat dinner. is it bad to do that and how will doing that effect me.
1 Comment
Blank
It is bad for your body to eat only once a day for long periods of time.  You may have noticed that you have less energy, you may be tired, have headaches, or can't concentrate well.  There are many reasons young people skip meals,  but please do not choose to harm your current and future well being by depriving yourself of the proper nutrition to grow a well functioning body.  If you fear becoming pudgy avoid eating foods with lots of white sugar or high fructose corn syrup.  Avoid hydrogenated oils.  You need fats in your diet for proper organ and brain function.  There are many good fats out there such as nuts, avacado (guacamole),  meats in their natural form, cheese, and many others.  Fruits are excellent sugars and easy to pack around and eat.  Always have something available for when you are hungry or supposed to eat.  
Skipping meals will cause your metabolism to not function properly.  Your body learns to protect itself by holding onto as many fats and calories as it can when you decide to eat to keep from perishing.  Look at Nazi camp survivors.  You are young, your body will turn back and function properly if you treat it right. Take those few tips I gave you and stick to them.  You will feel good andlook good
Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank
Oct 04 by Lee Kirksey, MDBlank
242532_tn?1269553979