Eating Disorders Expert Forum
eating to sooth
About This Forum:

Questions in the Emotional Eating forum are answered by medical experts. Topics covered include eating disorders, anger and eating, anxiety and eating, binge eating, depression and eating, eating to "fit in", emotional eating, fill the void eating, guilt and eating, loneliness and eating, social eating, and stress and eating.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

eating to sooth

I am overweight I don't know how to or what diet to go on?? I have a big problem with turning to food as a soother for hard times how do I stop this??
514715_tn?1338269858
So delighted you wrote.  You are not alone.  Many people go to food as a way to cope with underlying emotional issues.  Letting go of emotional eating takes time.  Awareness is key.  You could begin by writing down your food emotional connection.  There are self-help programs such as Overeaters Anonymous where those who struggle meet and support one another.  You could also seek out an eating disorder therapist in your area for guidance. To learn more about eating disorders and treatment options, visit the bella vita website.  Best wishes, Dr Patricia Pitts, PhD  The Bella Vita  Los Angeles, CA
2 Comments
Blank
I have the same problem :(
Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank