Eating Disorders Expert Forum
emotional eating
About This Forum:

Questions in the Emotional Eating forum are answered by medical experts. Topics covered include eating disorders, anger and eating, anxiety and eating, binge eating, depression and eating, eating to "fit in", emotional eating, fill the void eating, guilt and eating, loneliness and eating, social eating, and stress and eating.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

emotional eating

I am an icu nurse who feels a tremendous amount of anxiety these days about my job.  With the storage I worry about patient's dying.  I'm stress by the pressure to work short staffed and management putting pressure on us to cut productivity costs.  I carry all this home with me and have begun over eating.  Especially sugar.  It's like once I start I can't stop.  I've exercise daily but injuries from work has made me cut down the really hard stuff.  I tried yoga, medication, relaxation stuff etc but nothing works to decrease the anxiety except over eating of sugar.  When I binge on sugar I feel happy and relaxed.  When I don't I feel depressed and anxious.  Is there something else I can do besides binging on sugar to deal with the depression an anxiety that comes with nursing these days.  I hate to leave bedside.