Eating Disorders Community
im considering becoming bulimic

This forum is for questions and support regarding Anorexia, Athletes, Binge Eating, Body Image, Bulimia, Causes of Eating Disorders, Dental Issues, Laxative Abuse, Male Eating Disorders, Media Images, Pregnancy, Support Groups, Teens

im considering becoming bulimic

I'm seriously considering being Bulimic, I just wanna be skinny but still eat what I want.. I Feel like ill only do it until I get to my goal weight then ill stop..
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hi there,
Bulimia is not a healthy way of losing weight. It can lead to nutritional deficiencies and many more problems. If you want to lose weight, eat lots of fruits and non-starchy green veggies, go slow on fats, eat carbohydrates in moderation and increase your protein intake. Satisfy your hunger cravings by eating fresh fruits and vegetables. Exercise daily to have a toned body. Drink plenty of water every day. If you are unable to cope up with it I will advise you to consult a psychologist specializing in eating disorders. Do keep me posted.
Best luck and kind regards!
I started to binge and purge a few years ago, and it becomes a habit. Actually after doing it for a few months, I almost threw up naturally after every meal which wasn't very pleasant after a while.. so just doing it to get to a goal weight probably wont work. It's not healthy to do anyway because you are bringing up all that acid repeatedly in your esophagus and it can rot out your teeth and ruin your enamel. Also you're not getting any nutrition that way, there are ways to lose weight and still be healthy,
Don't do it! I have been bulimic for 15 years. I am now starting recovery and realizing how much this sicknesses had a hold of me. I have been hospitalized 2 times and spent thousands of dollars on dental work. I didn't think all the bad stuff would happen to me....and frankly I didn't care if it did as long as I looked good. What is the point of looking good if your body can even function properly?  I wish I could explain and make you feel the struggle I now face to recover. You won't stop...I promise. Once you hit your goal weight you will want to maintain it. You will get good at binging and purging and not see the point in giving it up. There are so many health risks. I now have thyroid issues, kidney issues, intestine issues, and I have had to replace every tooth in my mouth. I am 32. The multitude of issues I am now facing are crazy at my age. You might think it won't happen to you....but it will. I was really good at being bulimic and stabilizing my body...but your body can only take so much. Don't do it....please!!!! Find another way!!!!