implanon causing anorexia
my beautiful daughter aged 16 developed anorexia shortly after having an implanon inserted. This is reported as a very rare event in the literature has anyone else had this experience as this is a major life threatening event!!??
After having the implanon implant put in I lost around 55lb in under 3 months which was quite horrific as I was only 126 to begin with. I was first mis-diagnosed with depression and having an eating disorder but later was diagnosed with an overactive thyroid.

I don't know if this is the same situation as what your daughter is going through but from my personal experience and friends I have spoken with, I know that various forms of birth control can cause hormonal imbalances that can lead to problems like depression.

I know around 15 girls/young women who had the implanon implant put in and all have had them taken out (I stuck it out the longest for a total of 2 years). Whatever the cause of your daughter's illness I really hope the two of you are able to work through it and I wish you all the best.