Eating Disorders Expert Forum
just need help

Questions in the Emotional Eating forum are answered by medical experts. Topics covered include eating disorders, anger and eating, anxiety and eating, binge eating, depression and eating, eating to "fit in", emotional eating, fill the void eating, guilt and eating, loneliness and eating, social eating, and stress and eating.

just need help

Hey I'm an 15 year old girl, I've kinda had problem with food since I was 10 years old, I got anorexia when I was about 11-13 years old, I think I was about 157cm and weight about 32-34 kilos, then after that I couldn't continue starving myself so somehow I got bulimia, I've gained weight since then, and I believe that I'm maybe a bit overweight now (I haven't weight myself for such a long time ) but I just can't stop throwing up the food I've been eating, I can't relax as long as I know I have unhealthy food in my system, the only things I eat is fullgran cerials and like fruits, I still wanna have the minerals I need etc, but if I can't throw up, then I starve myself, it's sooo annoying, but I know that if I start eating without throwing up I will be extremely overweight because my portions of food are huuge, can't help it.
So is there any way I can by myself stop my eating disorders?
and I'm about 160cm now, I haven't grown since I got my eating disorders, is there any chance that I will grow some more?  I HATE being short....
Your struggle is real and complex.  Doing it on your own is extremely difficult.  Eating disorders are genetic.  And there are underlying issues that drive the symptoms (starving, restricting, bingeing, purging, excessive exercise, etc.).  Your intense desire to not gain weight gives more information about how entrenched you are in your eating issue.  Also, even though you are trying different things to get well, it is still your head and thinking that is caught into eating disorder/disordered eating issues.  Spoke to your parents or school counselor.  Seek out a support group or person you could express your feelings and thoughts.  It’s okay to need people and let them help you.  For your question regarding your height, are you saying since age 10?  In any event, your pediatrician could best answer this question.  For more information about eating disorders and treatment you could visit the bella vita website.  Wishing you the best, Patricia Pitts, PhD  The Bella Vita Los Angeles, CA