Eating Disorders Community
marijuana and eating disorders

This forum is for questions and support regarding Anorexia, Athletes, Binge Eating, Body Image, Bulimia, Causes of Eating Disorders, Dental Issues, Laxative Abuse, Male Eating Disorders, Media Images, Pregnancy, Support Groups, Teens

marijuana and eating disorders

I think i may have a eating disorder. when i eat i feel sick to my stomach but do not vomit... depending if i eat alot it'll go right through me so ive been eatin small portions. I have recently quit smoking and i want to know if its some how related... or in order for me to be able to eat and not feel nauseas should i be baked, would that help cause im starting to loose weight and am starting to panic seeing how im as thin as i want to be.. i am 5'5" and weight 128... suggestions???
are you trying to get sick when you eat? That would qualify you for builimia. If you are just nauziated after eating that is not builimia. Bulimia is when you intend on purging the sustinance that you obtain out of your body. Wheather it be by laxitives, vomiting, over exercising, diet pills, etc...I hope this helps....I hope you feel better soon. I truly don't think you have bulimia. I think you need to see your personal doctor.
hey I'm right there with you. I've been able to eat when I try to stop smoking weed also. if I eat when I'm sober I will vomit. I work at a restauraunt, so I have to go to my 6 hour shifts baked or else my stomach will act up when I eat and I eill puke. Its like my body no longer recognizes the feeling of hunger, and has replaced it with a feeling of nausea. If I dont eat, I am too weak and miserable to function. I literally have to smoke weed before I eat, evertime I eat, or I risk becomming violently ill (which only makes my problems worse, because this irritates my stomach and esophagus.

I have quit twice before, and this feeling will subside within a week, and by the end of the month, you will have your regular appetite back. I love weed, so I always wind up getting dependant on it by smoking before I eat and really just staying high all the time.

Weed is safe, you wont end up like me if you use only every now and then, or only on the weekends. I ****** up when I started being a chronic user, basically smoking constantly. Hey hey hey, smoke weed everyday ****. I am a smart person and I understand the effects it has... This marijuana induced eating disorder is by far the worst of them.