Eating Disorders Expert Forum
no weight gain
About This Forum:

Questions in the Emotional Eating forum are answered by medical experts. Topics covered include eating disorders, anger and eating, anxiety and eating, binge eating, depression and eating, eating to "fit in", emotional eating, fill the void eating, guilt and eating, loneliness and eating, social eating, and stress and eating.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

no weight gain

Hi, I am 20yrs old girl. My height is 5ft 4'' and weight is 40kg. Since 3-5 yrs my weight is constant, m not able to put up anyhow. M kind of always worried about myself. Really helpless.. My diet is proper still no gains. Any suggestion plzz...
514715_tn?1338269858
It sounds like you believe you are taking in enough fuel for your body’s needs.  However, you inability to gain weight suggests your body is not functioning at its optimum.  You could try buying a nutritional supplement usually sold at a grocery market or drug store:  ensure or boost.  Add one supplement per day to your current eating and physical activity level.  Every 4th day add an additional can of supplement up to 4 supplements per day.  If you notice water retention, new symptoms or still unable to gain weight, see a medical doctor.  Good luck, Patricia Pitts, PhD  The Bella Vita  Los Angeles, CA  
Blank
This Forum's Experts
514715_tn?1338269858
Patricia Pitts, PhDBlank
The Bella Vita - Los Angeles
Los Angeles, CA
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity