Eating Disorders Expert Forum
palpitations and such

Questions in the Emotional Eating forum are answered by medical experts. Topics covered include eating disorders, anger and eating, anxiety and eating, binge eating, depression and eating, eating to "fit in", emotional eating, fill the void eating, guilt and eating, loneliness and eating, social eating, and stress and eating.

palpitations and such

Hi, so i am a female who is turning 19 April 21st. I am 5'4", and 100 pounds. Lately, my heart beats really hard and i keep feeling my heart "drop ", or something. I don't know how to describe it. I do have a hx of restricting, and a dx of ednos (eating disorder not otherwise specified) what is going on?  Is it just anxiety?
learn_to_fly, Hi!  It is hard to know it could be medical and/or psychological.  You always want to rule out medical.  So seek first a medical workup.  If you are medically fine, they seeking a therapist for anxiety and/or other psychological issues would be wish.  To learn more about eating disorders and treatment options, visit The Bella Vita website.  Wishing you the best, Dr Patricia Pitts, PhD The Bella Vita Los Angeles, CA