Eating Disorders Community
problem eating

This forum is for questions and support regarding Anorexia, Athletes, Binge Eating, Body Image, Bulimia, Causes of Eating Disorders, Dental Issues, Laxative Abuse, Male Eating Disorders, Media Images, Pregnancy, Support Groups, Teens

problem eating

I actually just found out that I'm pregnant...I'm like 2 weeks? Something like that anyway I've been feeling like not eating for about 5 or 6 days now I've just been drinking a bunch of water && that's all I've had. Is it bad to do that? Is it normal? && its not because of morning sickness either just haven't felt that hunger in my belly so I don't have the urge to feed it you kno?
3rd pregnancy. Have 2 boys. 4yr old, 5m old...
Hi!
If you do not have nausea and are pregnant and not feeling like eating, then this could be early stage of nausea. There are a few tips which may help you. One is eat small frequent meals, of simple carbohydrates like unbuttered toast, plain rice, salt cracker, plain baked potatoes etc. Avoid oily and spicy food and heavy meals. Early in the morning take a dry cracker or peppermint while in bed, slightly propped up. Keep sipping lemonade or juice or herbal decaffeinated tea during the day.  If this does not improve your appetite in a day or two, please consult your gynecologist immediately. Gestational diabetes and hypothyroidism would need to be ruled out in your case, along with eating disorder. Hope this helps. Take care!
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hi there,
There are several causes of loss of appetite in pregnancy.Nausea, increased level of progesterone all slow down the digestive process and affects the entire digestion process. Increased water absorption by colon slows down the process of digestion. This decreased appetite can affect the nutrition of any woman and hamper the growth of the fetus. It is recommended that you consult your gynecologist about this loss of appetite and start taking a healthy diet. Do keep us posted with more queries.
Best wishes and regards!