Eating Disorders Expert Forum
question for the doctor, where does food addiction/emotional eating end...
About This Forum:

Questions in the Emotional Eating forum are answered by medical experts. Topics covered include eating disorders, anger and eating, anxiety and eating, binge eating, depression and eating, eating to "fit in", emotional eating, fill the void eating, guilt and eating, loneliness and eating, social eating, and stress and eating.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

question for the doctor, where does food addiction/emotional eating end?

I have been addicted to food all my life, most likely, it became my comforter, and it taste good too! i know that is funny but, now i can hardly walk, my muscle's and joints ache everywhere, I can hardly breathe and i'm more addicted than ever.  I actually have medicaid for the working with disabilities, and I can't even find a doctor who can look past the weight enough to discuss reality of it. I get the feeling, and no offense to you doctors, that doctors think it's easy to quit picking up the foods that make you fat, and quit putting them in your  mouth.  I have been an addict ever since I was born I think, I know in fact since I was 3 1/2. And my emotional eating is due to my unstable life as a child and an adult. But to bad about life as a kid, i'm an adult now. How do you stop the cravings and the amounts! it's CRAZY!!