Eating Disorders Expert Forum
scared to speak

Questions in the Emotional Eating forum are answered by medical experts. Topics covered include eating disorders, anger and eating, anxiety and eating, binge eating, depression and eating, eating to "fit in", emotional eating, fill the void eating, guilt and eating, loneliness and eating, social eating, and stress and eating.

scared to speak
hi, i'm 13 and really think i might have an eating disorder, i chew&spit (apparently binge&purge), starve myself, feel guilt after eating&a few more things. i dunno what to do cus i dont wanna upset my mum, shes noticed my weight loss&i dont want to upset her. i dunt think people wud believe me if i told them. do i have an eating disorder&who can i talk to?
Hi.  I am so glad you posted!  As a mom myself, I would want to support my child who is struggling with such big concerns.  The sooner she knows what is really going on with you, the easier and quicker she can address your struggles.  You and she could visit the bella vita website to educate about eating concerns and treatment options.   Telling your mom the truth is the best thing you could do.  If for some reason she has difficulty understanding, tell your school counselor.  Best, Patricia Pitts, PhD  The Bella Vita  Los Angeles, CA