Eating Disorders Community
the abyss

This forum is for questions and support regarding Anorexia, Athletes, Binge Eating, Body Image, Bulimia, Causes of Eating Disorders, Dental Issues, Laxative Abuse, Male Eating Disorders, Media Images, Pregnancy, Support Groups, Teens

the abyss

Hey soooooo I've been dealing with this for a long long time.. I have all these horrible thoughts about food I obsess over what I'm putting into my body.. I feel gross if I eat things that are bad for me and can feel the fatty substance building in my n body...I swear. When I was younger like  7 years ago I would starve my self and purge at times.. I'm past that. But on my bad days it Crosses my mind... The bad days become increasing worse at times.. I find my self thinking things like " don't eat that fatty"  I need to get over this and have a healthy thought system.. I eat healthfully I'm a normal weight and what not... But I have these thoughts and I don't know Howe long I can go before going all the way into the abyss of eating disorder land. I have not insurance and am trying to weigh out my options. I don't have a eating disorder really.. But maybe.so I dunno how to help myself but it ruins my day so u want to take care of it!
Hi!
Well, there are two ways to go about it. If you can do it on your own, then joining a good yoga center and take up yoga. This helps you control your mind. Also try and think positive. Do deep breathing exercise. Make a diet chart of things which are healthy and eat from those options only. When you have negative thoughts, look at this chart to reinforce in your mind that you are eating healthy.
The other option is to consult a therapist dealing in eating disorder. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.