Eating Disorders Expert Forum
what to do

Questions in the Emotional Eating forum are answered by medical experts. Topics covered include eating disorders, anger and eating, anxiety and eating, binge eating, depression and eating, eating to "fit in", emotional eating, fill the void eating, guilt and eating, loneliness and eating, social eating, and stress and eating.

what to do
Hi im  15 and i have struggled all my life with eating disorders. I have been doing okay for the past year. Recently (3 weeks ago) i told my boyfriend i was pregnant (dont judge) we hadnt decide what was going to happen when he passed away 2 weeks ago. I am finding it hard to let him go and my eating problems are starting to come back. What should i do? I dont want to lose my baby but i need help and guidence
You are up against so much.  You need a lot of love and support.  It is so common for the eating disorder symptoms to kick in when there is a loss.  Who can you talk to?  Can you talk to your parents?  Have you seen an ob/gyn doctor for you and the baby?  You also need to see an eating disorder therapist.  You need professional health and a support system of people who can be there for you.  It is amazing how hard times can help us grow into the people we want to be.  Wishing you love, peace & joy,  Dr Patricia Pitts, PhD  The Bella Vita  Los Angeles, CA