Ectopic Pregnancy User Group
Is there hope after a cornual pregnancy?
About This Group:

This is for all the women who have had an ectopic pregnancy and the hard-ships we go through and overcome when it comes to the emotional pain. TTC after an ectopic pregnancy may be harder, but there is a fight within us all that can beat the odds together.

Founded by Jenni1187 on February 3, 2010
41 members

My husband and I have been married for 3 and a half years.  I was on birth control when we first got married due to PCOS.  My husband and I soon decided we wanted to try to get pregnant so I spoke with my doctor and got off of it.  After all this time, we recently found out we were pregnant.  This was our first pregnancy and we were both very excited.  However, from the start I felt as if something wasn't right.  I prayed that it was just in my mind and that God would provide me with a healthy pregnancy and we would have a healthy baby in the end.  Due to some pain I was having the doctor wanted me to come in for an ultrasound and to have my hcg levels tested.  After subsequent visits having ultrasounds, hcgs levels tested, and even an MRI they ruled that I was having a cornual pregnancy and that in order to preserve my life and hopefully our future fertility I needed to take the Methotrexate shot to end the pregnancy.  If left untreated I risked it rupturing rupture which would be very dangerous.  Just this past Wednesday I was given the shot.  I go back Monday for my first hcg levels and then again on Thursday to see if they are dropping appropriately.  She said due to my hcg levels being a little over 13,000 it would probably take a while for my levels to reach 0 and things to get back to normal.  We are hoping that the shot works and that I do not have to have surgery as this could hinder our future fertility even more.  Also during all this we found out that I have a bicornuate uterus and the MRI revealed a possible partial septum but not a full septum.  When all this is over she is referring us to a specialist to find out if there is anything he can do to help us not have a repeat of this if we become pregnant in the future.  This has all been emotionally draining for me.  My husband has been a rock for me, but I know he is saddened by all this also.  I am just wondering if anyone has suffered a similar situation.  Also were you able to get pregnant and have a successful pregnancy following this?  Any advice, experiences, and prayers are much appreciated.
plumber43 commented on Moma_Cher's status
plumber43 commented on mhv's status
Apr 18
plumber43 commented on Who am I?
Apr 17