432?1254497677
Egg Donor Recipients User Group
Donor Egg Recipient Prep
About This Group:

This community was created to answer questions about the egg donation process. What happens during an egg donor cycle. Drugs used during the process. Protocols. Where you can go to cycle. Costs associated with that. Information about disclosure.

Founded by pvedmom on October 2, 2009
74 members

Donor Egg Recipient Prep

Hi, this is my first post.  I just had my 3rd miscarriage.  I have been ttc for many years.  I am currently at RMANJ and have had 3 failed IVF cycles.  None of them made it to blast.  My doctor says I look great on paper and that it is an egg quality issue.  I have been Vegan for about 2 years, exercise regularly and am in good shape.  I am now 39 years old.  All of the pregnancies were spontaneous, which shocks my doctor because he states my husband (of 4 years) has sperm motility issues.  He has 3 children from his previous marriage (all beautifully wonderful people).  All of the miscarriages were in the 6-8 week period.  Always starts out normal, strong heartbeat, great lining, everything is "perfect".  Then I go for the 7 or 8 week ultrasound and there is no heartbeat.  I really thought this last pregnancy was a miracle.  We have been on the donor list since March 2012 and expect a donor within the next 4 months.  Is there anything I can do to prepare my body for a better chance with the donor egg?
Have you read about progesterone therepy? I had to do that, still am, best wishes :)
Hi Christine7207,

How is it coming along?  I too am vegan and exercise and do all the healthy things that I should be doing, don't drink, don't smoke, eat right etc etc.....and I still went through fertility issues.  I had my first child at 38 with a spontaneous pregnancy everything went well, then two years later we wanted to add to the family....well we tried for four years to the month by the time we finally conceived with donor eggs.  Once the cycle was underway I had progesterone shots for twelve weeks.  I am not sure if you can do anything different than you are already doing.  Just relax and be open to the process.

Keep posting your progress, I would love to hear how it's going.
mhv commented on retta483's status
mhv commented on retta483's status
mhv commented on mandaszoo's status