432?1254497677
Egg Donor Recipients User Group
Egg Donation offered from Niece
About This Group:

This community was created to answer questions about the egg donation process. What happens during an egg donor cycle. Drugs used during the process. Protocols. Where you can go to cycle. Costs associated with that. Information about disclosure.

Founded by pvedmom on October 2, 2009
73 members

Egg Donation offered from Niece

Hi There,

I am 44 years old and have had a cycle of IVf which was unsuccessful.  I have been advised to use egg donor because of my age which was very upsetting and it has taken me about 6 months just to come to terms with this.  I am now ready to accept the route of egg donation and one of my nieces who is 24 with a child of her own has very kindly offered to donate.  I am about to accept her offer as personally I feel that there would be more of a family connection this way and I am excited but also scared if they may actually cause issues later on in life as this is very close to home.  We are planning to tell our child very early on about their origins as I do not want to hide this.  Has anyone else had any experience of using a family member for a donor?

mhv commented on photo
mhv commented on cowgirlup249's status
mhv, stacey10, journey2motherhood, and desderius commented on renae176's status