432?1254497677
Egg Donor Recipients User Group
PROGYNOVA question
About This Group:

This community was created to answer questions about the egg donation process. What happens during an egg donor cycle. Drugs used during the process. Protocols. Where you can go to cycle. Costs associated with that. Information about disclosure.

Founded by pvedmom on October 2, 2009
73 members

PROGYNOVA question

Hey everyone! I am preparing my body for my mid-June  egg donor transfer. I will be starting Progynova on the first day of my period, increasing the doses for i think ten days. Has anyone else taken this, and if so, did they get horrible side effects? I believe this medication is to stimulate my Estradiol and to create a thicker lining.(I guess I'll ask more questions when I call my doc on the first day of my period.

Lauren
I was on Lupron to suppress my system.  The drugs suppress your natural cycle so they can manipulate your body to do what it needs to do- hope that makes sense!  I had a horrible headache about a week into it and I got hot flashes.

Have a great cycle!
I also am preparing for FET, hopefully next week!   I have used donor eggs from a relative who already has two children, my story is quite similar to yours actually.  
My FS has decided that I will be having a Natural Cycle so no drugs....I have my first scan tomorrow and BT to test LH.  I then have to POAS for a number of days to find out the exact date of Ovulation and then they will do the FET 2 days later (all going well)!
I am 47.  I was a bit nervous about this as every embryo is precious! I asked why I wouldn't be on the drugs to thicken the lining etc but apparently this is the best way to go if possible??  I am still getting regular periods. I was told that once I start the drugs if Pregnancy happens then I would have to stay on them for the 1st trimester.  Did you have a choice?  I am still trying to wrap my head around this one...  would be interested to hear from others also.

Good luck with it all!
Well I , too was going to be on a natural cycle because I was using a frozen egg, and with that I was told I didn't need any medications to prepare the lining either. Since, however, my donor has been changed, and I will be using a "fresh egg." I now have to take the drugs without a choice. I'm not really sure why since these drugs aren't affecting my cycle to coincide with my donors. I don't really understand why I now need to take the drugs but before I didn't. Jeeze, every time I am asked questions I am dumbfounded at how much I really don't know, and I feel so stupid. I mean after all, it is happening to me:) I will ask all these questions after I talk to my doctor in the next few days and will get back to you. PS: My FE told me that she does prefer a Natural Cycle, but she  prefers non frozen donor cells more than the former, so that's why she switched on me. Good luck to you, too!

Lauren

Lauren
All I can say is there is never a stupid question!  We alll try to be fully informed, but there is just so much going on...  I think that we just about need a degree as a lot of it is very complicated and confusing!   Good luck again! Let me know how you go!
plumber43, mhv, journey2motherhood, and stacey10 commented on mhv's status
stacey10, mhv, and Moma_Cher commented on Moma_Cher's status
mhv commented on cheekyhalfs's status