direction.......
Hi all...

I am new to all of this and desperately searching for anyone to talk to. We have just begun the DE process. I am 41 and have been trying for years now. Many failed IUIs and they won't even attempt IVF. DE is our only option at this point and it terrifies me. I am trying to find a blog or forum. Any help or direction would be appreciated. This road ***** alone!
mhv
There are many ladies on here that have conceived using DE's.  Many of them aren't as active right now, as they are tending to their new lil ones.  I actually conceived using donor embryos, and have 5 month old twins now.  If there is anyway I can help, please let me know.  I hope some of the other ladies chime in, but if they don't, you will surely find others on here that are getting ready to start using de's.  Some who have succeeded are plumber43, mariana101, journey2 motherhood.  Good luck, and remember, you are not alone!!!
Thank you for replying! I really don't know anyone with fertility issues and no one that has gone the egg donor route so I am lost. We have our counseling session next week fo donor...the next step. We are going to use a frozen donor mainly because of the cost. I know everything I am feeling will disappear once I get pregnant but the disappointment if I don't, I am not sure I can handle anymore. My husband has been wonderful and if the tables were turned, I would have no trouble using a sperm donor. I think I am so used to disappointment that when I get pregnant, I will fall on the floor in shock :) Any advise would be appreciated. As I said, I am lost. Thanks again! Congrats on your twins and I so wish for twins....although my doctor...not so much.
mhv
Plumber43 and journey2motherhood both got preggers using frozen eggs. Plumber has a lil girl, and journey has twin boys.  Ask away my friend :). And, look them up...I am sure they will reassure you!!!  It took us a while with the donor embryos to come to terms, but honestly, we could not live them more if they were genetically ours!!!
I also have 14 month old twin boys from donor eggs.  Good Luck to you.
Am 10 weeks almost now, with DE. And this is the most happiest time of my life, though lil nervous. I wish you all the good luck and sending loads of babydust your way.

We all are with you here.
Thank you! We have our "counseling session" tomorrow and then hopefully move to donor selection. Some days I have troubble wrapping my head around all this and others I can't wait to get started. I am terrified at the same time. If I take one more test that is negative! UGH! Did you all have trouble with this and when does that uncertainty go away? Thanks for the help. It is nice to know that there are others out there :) Congrats babyhope40527 and I hope you arer feel well :)
mhv
Let us know how your counseling goes.  It will be good for you!  It helps you get a lot of things out, things you didn't know you were holding in...

It's a big step!!!  Let us help if we can! :)   From what I have learned on here, you want your donor to be no older then 26.  I know sometimes proven donors don't always pay off... go with your heart on that one... that's my suggestion.

I know getting a negative bites, but remember, it can take more then one transfer with DE's also.  We got pregnant with the twins on our 2nd transfer.  We had a bust donor cycle (I am NOT trying to scare you) but I went into this soooo niiave!!!  Our 1st RE retreived the donor eggs to late in the cycle, and pretty much rendered them useless ( had 2 other RE's look at the medical records, both agreed they were pretty much bad embryos) Then he froze them on day 2.  Anyway.... Long story!  6 tranfers and 1 m/c and we were left empty handed.  
Then... God brought us our donor who donated their remaining embryos to us... and on the 2nd transfer... bam!!! :)

Feel free to ask ANY questions we can answer to help you a get through this!!!!

I am so excited for you!!!!!
I hesitated so much to move with donor eggs, once I made the decision, never regretted it. And now, I dont care anymore. And yes, my first fresh donor cycle was a failure. FET worked.

So please be prepared for anything, don't build too many hopes as you start, hopefully, it might work for you in first attempt though.
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
mhv commented on Des_a_rae's status
journey2motherhood Happy to help medhelp by ta... Comment
Jun 23
mhv Please fill out the survery... Comment
Jun 22