281?1253674568
Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome User Group
A Guide to Living with Hypermobility Syndrome
About This Group:

This group is for members with any form of Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome.We have this group to share info and support for each other. Ehlers-Danlos syndrome (EDS) is a heterogeneous group of heritable connective tissue disorders characterized by articular hypermobility, skin extensibility and tissue fragility. Individuals with EDS have a defect in their connective tissue. It is this tissue that provides support to many body parts such as the skin, muscles, ligaments and organs. The fragile skin and unstable joints found in EDS are due to faulty collagen. Collagen is a protein that acts like glue in the body adding strength and elasticity to connective tissue.

Founded by somemonkey on September 22, 2009
170 members

Hi after never hearing of my HMS condition, i decided to research and see if there was a book that could inform me more and in simple terms! SO heres the link to amazon, its brilliat and has really helped me come to terms with my condition. I hope others will benefit from it to, it's not too badly priced either!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Guide-Living-Hypermobility-Syndrome-Breaking/dp/1848190689/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1327432708&sr=8-1

Thanks! x
  • EDS Links (3 replies):
    I just wanted to quickly share a couple of the more help...[more]
1 Comment
Bonita_62 joined this group
Welcome them!
May 02
selmaS commented on The_Marine_Corp_Brat's status
Apr 27
selmaS commented on gjjl's status
Apr 04