EDS victims and plastic surgery?
I've been wondering if EDS patients could have plastic surgery. I'm sorry if this is a stupid question. I just feel incredibly self conscious about all of my scars and would like to maybe get surgery to cover them up or something. Also, maybe a boob job...haha I have AA's so don't judge too harshly (I'd only get B's). Have any of you had plastic surgery? What are the risks? Could I really die if I got it done? Is the scarring after the surgery gross and hard to fade and obvious? I'm sorry for so many questions, I'm just really curious.
If you can think of anything that might answer my question, please please please answer.

Hi and welcome to the EDS group.

Not all with EDS have skin issues, but since u have scarring already it may not be a good idea...especially since those with EDS r prone to rejection of foreign matter...meaning the material used in plastic surgery,

We also tend to have issues with meds, so going under and pain management get be diff as a result.

Talk with ur EDS specialist to see how it is affecting u, which EDS type u r to see if it is a possibility.

But I would shy away from it.JMHO
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
selmaS commented on ChitChatNine's status
Jun 29
soccero uploaded new photos
Jun 09
debm478 added the Food Diary
Jun 08