281?1253674568
Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome User Group
Finally getting silver ring splints!
About This Group:

This group is for members with any form of Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome.We have this group to share info and support for each other. Ehlers-Danlos syndrome (EDS) is a heterogeneous group of heritable connective tissue disorders characterized by articular hypermobility, skin extensibility and tissue fragility. Individuals with EDS have a defect in their connective tissue. It is this tissue that provides support to many body parts such as the skin, muscles, ligaments and organs. The fragile skin and unstable joints found in EDS are due to faulty collagen. Collagen is a protein that acts like glue in the body adding strength and elasticity to connective tissue.

Founded by somemonkey on September 22, 2009
155 members

Finally getting silver ring splints!

I thought this might help someone so I wanted to share. I have known that I needed silver ring splints for a long time but couldn't find where to order them and bill my insurance. My PCP Dr had said she would send the prescription for what I needed if I ever figured out where. Finally it dawned on me to call the silver ring splint go and ask who had ordered near me. I write down the places that were not hospitals (how could you find the right person only knowing the hospital) and called. I found a OT that specialized in hands and they have been ordered! The best part is they are FREE for ME with my insurance hallelujah.:) she even suggested a couple I didn't think I needed and was grossed out when my fingers moved certain ways haha.
1 Comment

Mel so happy for u, I was not aware u were having issues with ur fingers....u will have to let us know how they work for u......I know I have issues with my fingers....always have, but I had no idea what my issues were most of that time...lol....
selmaS commented on Flycaster305's status
bean418, soccero, and selmaS commented on soccero's status
Jul 09
selmaS commented on photo
Jul 08