281?1253674568
Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome User Group
Fractures and EDS
About This Group:

This group is for members with any form of Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome.We have this group to share info and support for each other. Ehlers-Danlos syndrome (EDS) is a heterogeneous group of heritable connective tissue disorders characterized by articular hypermobility, skin extensibility and tissue fragility. Individuals with EDS have a defect in their connective tissue. It is this tissue that provides support to many body parts such as the skin, muscles, ligaments and organs. The fragile skin and unstable joints found in EDS are due to faulty collagen. Collagen is a protein that acts like glue in the body adding strength and elasticity to connective tissue.

Founded by somemonkey on September 22, 2009
159 members

Fractures and EDS

My teen daughter was at a friends walking and looking at her phone and ran into the wall fracturing her radius.  Her wrist was in an odd position that she could not move out of when I picked her up. I am sure due to EDS tendons got stretched out and I think probably allowed the fracture without a big impact.  It made me wonder if others have had fractures due to EDS.
1 Comment

Hi..ouch...that must have hurt her....goodness...I can not imagine...

I know it is a possibility that we may be more prone to fractures as the connective tissues that would protect r lax,...so not too surprising.

But I have not heard of neone getting a fracture like this,.....or a result of something like this...???
soccero, and selmaS commented on soccero's status
Feb 23
soccero really bad headache and its... Comment
Feb 16
akrober joined this group
Welcome them!
Feb 16