281?1253674568
Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome User Group
Getting service dog for Ehlers danlos hypermobility type
About This Group:

This group is for members with any form of Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome.We have this group to share info and support for each other. Ehlers-Danlos syndrome (EDS) is a heterogeneous group of heritable connective tissue disorders characterized by articular hypermobility, skin extensibility and tissue fragility. Individuals with EDS have a defect in their connective tissue. It is this tissue that provides support to many body parts such as the skin, muscles, ligaments and organs. The fragile skin and unstable joints found in EDS are due to faulty collagen. Collagen is a protein that acts like glue in the body adding strength and elasticity to connective tissue.

Founded by somemonkey on September 22, 2009
157 members

Can you get a service dog for ehlers danlos hypermobility type. My joins have been coming out about more the 20 times a day even fingers,wrist, elbow, sholder, jaw, lower back, hip, knee, and somtimes neck.  I dont have any bracing because its hard to get them doctors i have seen said you need to see the other one. my joints come out by washing hair ,putting shoes on, standing up, and ect* just little things too* I wake up in the morring with joints dislocated. I realy dont like not being able to do things with out dislocation. can you get a service dog for EDS and yes what would it do to help someone with EDS. Does anyone have a service dog or know anyone does it help alot.

Another qustion does EDS hypermobility type make you off balance.

thanks, CD i was diagnosis at 14 but had my first dislocation at 5 till now at 20
1 Comment

Hi...I know they use service dogs for Chiari pts, but I am not sure how they train them to help ...it must be depending on need...what u need the help with.

And to answer u,. yes ur balance can be affected by EDS....

A rheumatoid Dr that specializes in EDS may be able to help u get the bracing u need.

Please keep us posted

"selma"
soccero HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!! <3 Comment
soccero, and selmaS commented on soccero's status
selmaS commented on ChitChatNine's status
Nov 21