Getting service dog for Ehlers danlos hypermobility type
Can you get a service dog for ehlers danlos hypermobility type. My joins have been coming out about more the 20 times a day even fingers,wrist, elbow, sholder, jaw, lower back, hip, knee, and somtimes neck.  I dont have any bracing because its hard to get them doctors i have seen said you need to see the other one. my joints come out by washing hair ,putting shoes on, standing up, and ect* just little things too* I wake up in the morring with joints dislocated. I realy dont like not being able to do things with out dislocation. can you get a service dog for EDS and yes what would it do to help someone with EDS. Does anyone have a service dog or know anyone does it help alot.

Another qustion does EDS hypermobility type make you off balance.

thanks, CD i was diagnosis at 14 but had my first dislocation at 5 till now at 20

Hi...I know they use service dogs for Chiari pts, but I am not sure how they train them to help ...it must be depending on need...what u need the help with.

And to answer u,. yes ur balance can be affected by EDS....

A rheumatoid Dr that specializes in EDS may be able to help u get the bracing u need.

Please keep us posted

"selma"
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
selmaS commented on selmaS's status
Sep 17
selmaS September is Chiari awarene... Comment
Sep 16
selmaS commented on sherimom's status
Sep 15