281?1253674568
Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome User Group
HMS and Pregnancy=very scared please advise!
About This Group:

This group is for members with any form of Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome.We have this group to share info and support for each other. Ehlers-Danlos syndrome (EDS) is a heterogeneous group of heritable connective tissue disorders characterized by articular hypermobility, skin extensibility and tissue fragility. Individuals with EDS have a defect in their connective tissue. It is this tissue that provides support to many body parts such as the skin, muscles, ligaments and organs. The fragile skin and unstable joints found in EDS are due to faulty collagen. Collagen is a protein that acts like glue in the body adding strength and elasticity to connective tissue.

Founded by somemonkey on September 22, 2009
157 members

Hi there,

I have been newly dignosed with HMS after 13 years! I am 25 and i am thinking about starting a family in the near future but i am sooo scared about what this will mean for somebody that suffers alot of pain daily! It will mean me coming off my meds which at the moment are gabapentin, co-codamols and anti-depressants...it will mean nooo pain relief for about two years or so! Let alone even thinking about what the birth will do to my hips! My main pain is in my Back/neck/hips (and pretty much most areas but not as bad, such as my knees/ankles etc) If you have any info or advise or maybe are in the same boat or maybe have gone through it all before i would love to hear from you.

Thanks!!
Jane_pain x~x
1 Comment
soccero, and selmaS commented on soccero's status
Oct 07
selmaS Vote on Chiari Poll -Comme... Comment
Oct 06
soccero feeling terrible :( Comment
Oct 06