I think I have EDS?!?!?!
You probably get this a lot. My physical therapist mentioned connective tissue disease so I looked it up and was very surprised that this has not been brought up by any of my doctors before.
I am a 41 year female. I have chronic pain, fibromyalgia, hypermobillity, easy bruising, adverse reactions to medication, TMJ, GERD, hiatal hernia, fallen arches, very soft skin, complications with IV's (they blow out in less than a day), nonallergic rhinitis, ear tubs, uterine fibroids, cervix bleeds to the touch, early menopause,placental abruption with my second child, sphincter of Oddi dysfunction, gallstone disease.
I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia by a Rheumatologists 10 years ago. I went back to see her because my joint pain had gotten so bad I have not been able to function very well. She said again it was fibromyalgia and put me on Cymbalta and sent me to a physical therapist and he is the first person to bring this up.
Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Tracy

Hi and welcome to the EDS Group.

I too was DX'd with fibro ....but I went to a Dr for a different issue and they told me I have EDS not fibro that it was  mis-DX.....

I would encourage u to see a Dr well informed with EDS to do more testing as there are different types....

Not sure Cymbalta will help or not....but I would investigate what type of EDS u have b4 settling with a med. JMHO
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
selmaS commented on gjjl's status
Feb 04
selmaS commented on flutterbye1888's status
Feb 03
selmaS commented on photo
Jan 31