281?1253674568
Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome User Group
I think I have EDS?!?!?!
About This Group:

This group is for members with any form of Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome.We have this group to share info and support for each other. Ehlers-Danlos syndrome (EDS) is a heterogeneous group of heritable connective tissue disorders characterized by articular hypermobility, skin extensibility and tissue fragility. Individuals with EDS have a defect in their connective tissue. It is this tissue that provides support to many body parts such as the skin, muscles, ligaments and organs. The fragile skin and unstable joints found in EDS are due to faulty collagen. Collagen is a protein that acts like glue in the body adding strength and elasticity to connective tissue.

Founded by somemonkey on September 22, 2009
157 members

I think I have EDS?!?!?!

You probably get this a lot. My physical therapist mentioned connective tissue disease so I looked it up and was very surprised that this has not been brought up by any of my doctors before.
I am a 41 year female. I have chronic pain, fibromyalgia, hypermobillity, easy bruising, adverse reactions to medication, TMJ, GERD, hiatal hernia, fallen arches, very soft skin, complications with IV's (they blow out in less than a day), nonallergic rhinitis, ear tubs, uterine fibroids, cervix bleeds to the touch, early menopause,placental abruption with my second child, sphincter of Oddi dysfunction, gallstone disease.
I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia by a Rheumatologists 10 years ago. I went back to see her because my joint pain had gotten so bad I have not been able to function very well. She said again it was fibromyalgia and put me on Cymbalta and sent me to a physical therapist and he is the first person to bring this up.
Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Tracy
1 Comment

Hi and welcome to the EDS Group.

I too was DX'd with fibro ....but I went to a Dr for a different issue and they told me I have EDS not fibro that it was  mis-DX.....

I would encourage u to see a Dr well informed with EDS to do more testing as there are different types....

Not sure Cymbalta will help or not....but I would investigate what type of EDS u have b4 settling with a med. JMHO
drewlevas uploaded new photos
27 mins ago
soccero, and selmaS commented on soccero's status
ipurr2 joined this group
Welcome them!
Aug 22