281?1253674568
Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome User Group
New here
About This Group:

This group is for members with any form of Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome.We have this group to share info and support for each other. Ehlers-Danlos syndrome (EDS) is a heterogeneous group of heritable connective tissue disorders characterized by articular hypermobility, skin extensibility and tissue fragility. Individuals with EDS have a defect in their connective tissue. It is this tissue that provides support to many body parts such as the skin, muscles, ligaments and organs. The fragile skin and unstable joints found in EDS are due to faulty collagen. Collagen is a protein that acts like glue in the body adding strength and elasticity to connective tissue.

Founded by somemonkey on September 22, 2009
157 members

New here

Selma showed me the link to this page from the Chiari forum. I'm not a hundred percent sure I have eds. I do know that I am double jointed and chiari and eds are commonly together. I am looking for actual tests for it. The chiari doctor said there was no test.
1 Comment

Hi and welcome to the EDS group.

Did u get a chance to look at the video links on the top thread? The Dr that made the videos also has EDS and explains the diff types quite well.

There is testing to determine EDS...I know I had it ,....and if u google  u will find it as well...another term for this is Joint Hypermobility or JHM...
http://www.reumatologia-dr-bravo.cl/para%20medicos/crit%20y%20diag/DIAGCRITJHS.htm
drewlevas uploaded new photos
selmaS September is CHIARI awarene... Comment
Sep 18
Ball123 commented on :(
Sep 16