Still A Pain To Walk!
I saw the orthopedic surgeon today and YAY no cast for now. First we did XRAYS mostly standing (that was a first) which made me feel like we were doing something different. A little fun when the xray tech would say turn your feet in/out eww not like that LOL. She said I had nasty heel spurs. Moved to Dr waiting room and he came in with another man and told me he was training another Dr. I told him I had EDS and he asked me to show his shadow some things and I though cool this guy knows what I am talking about! After a few I said I really shouldn't be doing this it will cause me more pain and he laughed and said I know but fun too. He said I have achilles tendonitis, bursitis, spurs going up and down, and os peroneum. My EDS friends I know you will google anything you don't recognize. I am to wear silipos gel solutions (like a compression ankle tube with gel pads on it) and heel cups that he gave me. He also said he wanted me to do 3 weeks of PT and I frowned. He said you have done PT and I said yeah makes it worse and I can stretch at home for free. He said we did not have to focus on stretching and ordered ultrasound treatment/phonophoresis/lontophoresis/desensitization. Then if that does not work PRP where they take my blood and spin the platelets out and inject the tendons...then it would be casts or surgery if the other things did not work....headed to PT now:)

Mel all I can say is ouch,....keep us posted,....
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
selmaS commented on selmaS's status
Sep 17
selmaS September is Chiari awarene... Comment
Sep 16
selmaS commented on sherimom's status
Sep 15