When does hypermobility become EDS?
Hi all, just wondering how a doctor differentiates between hypermobility and EDS?

I was diagnosed several years ago with hypermobility (7/9 on Beighton scale) but I now have excruciating joint and muscle pain for which I take Lyrica. My hips are very lax and slip in and out very easily, I'm forever spraining and twisting things... I also have scoliosis and have had osteoarthritis since I was 18, and degenerative disc disease since my adolescence. I have chronic IBS, acid reflux and swings in blood pressure (unexplained by other tests). I have very bad bruising on my legs which has twice now prompted testing for blood clots.

Does this sound like EDS?

If so, I also have diaphragmatic weakness and a ventilator as an 'enabler' when I am struggling, and no one knows what is causing it - could this be caused by EDS?

Hi and welcome to the EDS group.

Yes indeed it does...they use to say they were 2 diff things, but new research indicates they r all the same thing....not separate conditions.

I have EDS along with GERD, IBS, low BP, easy to bruise and slow to heal....and I know I did not even try to move my joints  when I was younger.....

There r many types of EDS and there is a vascular type....so I would suggest u get checked out.

Also look at the videos posted above by Dr Driscoll......

Hiya Selma, thank you for your reply. I have now been diagnosed with EDS Hypermobility type and am starting physio etc.

No worries....I saw u liked Dr Driscoll's videos.....do post updates on how physio goes for u : )
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
Ball123 commented on photo
Ball123 commented on photo
Jamie11285 joined this group
Welcome them!
Aug 16