new to eds........
my nl is pretty sure that i have eds type 3. im seeing a rheumatologist this mon and if he confirms it than i will be refrerred to a geneticist. any suggestions for my appt mon on what exactly to say to the rheumatologist? i also have chiari and autonomic dysfunction. thanks, Dana
Dana study the web and be prepared to state why you feel you have EDS.  Even though rheumatologist treats EDS they don't all know what it is.  A good rheum Dr. will check you thoroughly and you need to tell them when you feel any pain.  I last time asked about something when we were done and he said your pain level was not bad at that location.  I said no that location hurts me more than any you did not ask and I can tolerate a lot of pain.  When they are pushing on your trigger points they need to know any discomfort.  I recently have went back to my rhuematologist  and feel like treatment is helping yet EDS is tough to get diagnosed and tough to get treated.   I also have osteoarthritis from EDS and allover trigger point pain.  Good luck!

Hi Dana..sorry I missed ur post....Mel gave u some good tips...the video's at the top of this form is filled with helpful info....

I hope u look at the video's by Dr Driscoll....she also has EDS so I really think  she understands how this affects us and can offer the info and insight u may need.
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
Ball123 commented on photo
Aug 26
Ball123 commented on photo
Aug 26
Jamie11285 joined this group
Welcome them!
Aug 16