Emphysema Community
emphysema prognosis

Emphysema is a type of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) involving damage to the air sacs (alveoli) in the lungs. Discuss topics including causes, symptoms and treatment options.

emphysema prognosis

prognosis for very advanced emphysema with lung function of 26% and BODE of 8
hello?
I was just diagnosed with early stage; does anyone know the life expectancy?
Hi...Just learned I have beginning staged of emphysema...Does  anyone know the general life-expectancy?

I have COPD-Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease. I was diagnosed one year ago in the moderate stage. COPD is chronic bronchitas and emphysema. So, I am in a more advanced stage of emphysema than you are. I can expect to live a number of years. If I do not smoke, eat right, take my meds and exercise. You have many years ahead of you, as long as you take good care of yourself. That much I can tell you and promise you.
Hi, I am at the later stage of COPD. I was told in February of this year that I have two
years to live. I smoke. I am 61. If I were able to quit smoking, I could have up to 15 years
to live. Hope this helps.
On March 9th I was told I have Emphysema in my lungs, the thing is I never smoked. The other thing I am being tested for is Alpha1 gen . My question if the doctor doesn't say anything right away about the stage level and on March 17th Bron osc where they put a camera down your throat while you are under, this all is happening with less than three trips to the Lung Doctor, First time breath tests, X-rays and blood drawn. Now understand I already chest X-rays that were by main doctor. So does this mean I am starting or is this worse that? Just wondering? Plus I have already been told lung function isn't good either. I am just wondering why the doctor is telling I am having trouble breathing, when my O2 is at 95 how is this? Can Emphysema give false O2 levels?