Emphysema Community
emphysema prognosis
About This Community:

Emphysema is a type of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) involving damage to the air sacs (alveoli) in the lungs. Discuss topics including causes, symptoms and treatment options.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

emphysema prognosis

prognosis for very advanced emphysema with lung function of 26% and BODE of 8
Related Discussions
6 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
hello?
Blank
I was just diagnosed with early stage; does anyone know the life expectancy?
Blank
Hi...Just learned I have beginning staged of emphysema...Does  anyone know the general life-expectancy?

Blank
518117_tn?1376975281
I have COPD-Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease. I was diagnosed one year ago in the moderate stage. COPD is chronic bronchitas and emphysema. So, I am in a more advanced stage of emphysema than you are. I can expect to live a number of years. If I do not smoke, eat right, take my meds and exercise. You have many years ahead of you, as long as you take good care of yourself. That much I can tell you and promise you.
Blank
1450674_tn?1284923457
Hi, I am at the later stage of COPD. I was told in February of this year that I have two
years to live. I smoke. I am 61. If I were able to quit smoking, I could have up to 15 years
to live. Hope this helps.
Blank
On March 9th I was told I have Emphysema in my lungs, the thing is I never smoked. The other thing I am being tested for is Alpha1 gen . My question if the doctor doesn't say anything right away about the stage level and on March 17th Bron osc where they put a camera down your throat while you are under, this all is happening with less than three trips to the Lung Doctor, First time breath tests, X-rays and blood drawn. Now understand I already chest X-rays that were by main doctor. So does this mean I am starting or is this worse that? Just wondering? Plus I have already been told lung function isn't good either. I am just wondering why the doctor is telling I am having trouble breathing, when my O2 is at 95 how is this? Can Emphysema give false O2 levels?
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Emphysema Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...