emphysema prognosis
prognosis for very advanced emphysema with lung function of 26% and BODE of 8
hello?
I was just diagnosed with early stage; does anyone know the life expectancy?
Hi...Just learned I have beginning staged of emphysema...Does  anyone know the general life-expectancy?

I have COPD-Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease. I was diagnosed one year ago in the moderate stage. COPD is chronic bronchitas and emphysema. So, I am in a more advanced stage of emphysema than you are. I can expect to live a number of years. If I do not smoke, eat right, take my meds and exercise. You have many years ahead of you, as long as you take good care of yourself. That much I can tell you and promise you.
Hi, I am at the later stage of COPD. I was told in February of this year that I have two
years to live. I smoke. I am 61. If I were able to quit smoking, I could have up to 15 years
to live. Hope this helps.
On March 9th I was told I have Emphysema in my lungs, the thing is I never smoked. The other thing I am being tested for is Alpha1 gen . My question if the doctor doesn't say anything right away about the stage level and on March 17th Bron osc where they put a camera down your throat while you are under, this all is happening with less than three trips to the Lung Doctor, First time breath tests, X-rays and blood drawn. Now understand I already chest X-rays that were by main doctor. So does this mean I am starting or is this worse that? Just wondering? Plus I have already been told lung function isn't good either. I am just wondering why the doctor is telling I am having trouble breathing, when my O2 is at 95 how is this? Can Emphysema give false O2 levels?