Endometriosis Community
Can you carry a child with 8 cm bilateral endometriomas?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to endometriosis, fertility/infertility, hormonal treatments, pain management, pregnancy, and surgery.

Im hoping someone has had a similar situation. Im 32 yrs old. I was diagnosed with stage IV Endo and two large bilateral (7 and 8 cm) endometriomas, and one blocked tube last year. I had a Lap done in July to get rid of some of the endo and the endometriomas were drained because they couldn’t be removed without removing my ovaries because the endo had it adhered to the back wall. I do not have children so I didn’t want that. After surgery I did 6 months of Lupron to stop some of the growth of endo. In September doctor realized that both endometriomas had come back. . Once my cycle started again , I was told if I wanted to try and conceive I should try, and if nothing happens after 6 mths I would have to talk to a fertility doctor.  My concern is that will I be able to carry a child with these large cyst there. I know there is chance they could rupture or will I need to have them removed. Also is it possible for me to even get pregnant with these big blockers there.. I know the doctor say “anything is possible” but is it realistic or has anyone had success.
Those are pretty big cysts they will probably have to be removed.

I am not sure how big mine was or if it was there during pregnancy and I will never know however I am thinking that you need to find a surgeon that does excision surgery to remove it all and then try.

Your first surgery doesn't sound like it was excised just laser is that what happened?