Endometriosis Community
Chronic pain getting worse

This patient support community is for discussions relating to endometriosis, fertility/infertility, hormonal treatments, pain management, pregnancy, and surgery.

Chronic pain getting worse

Someome please help!  This weekend the pain has been unbearable (thought I was gonna have to go to the ER)I had bilateral ovarian cysts removed 3 years ago, and the dr. found the beginnings of endo during the surgery.  Ever since the surgery I have been plagued with pelvic pain, however ultrasounds have shown no new cysts.  I tried taking the pill to alleviate the pain but it caused constant break through bleeding so I stopped in February.  The bleeding stopped except for my period every 25 days, but the pain is there again.  This month was horrid.  Starting last Thursday I started getting the nagging sharp pain on the lower left side right across and just down from my hip bone (ovary?), the pain continued to get worse throughout the past 3 days-hurting terribly expecially if ANY pressure was applied to the area.  It is now Sunday night, and while the pain isn't as intense, it's still there only it seems to be spreading up to almost my waistline on my left side (however the most sensitive spot is still by my hip bone).  My period is just starting, and I'm sure will be heavy like usual...but what in the world could this horrible pain be?  Could it be endo related or something else?  I will be calling my doctor tomorrow...but wanted to see if anyone had any similar experiences.

TIA
LorriH