Endometriosis Community
Concerned I've developed Endometriosis

This patient support community is for discussions relating to endometriosis, fertility/infertility, hormonal treatments, pain management, pregnancy, and surgery.

Concerned I've developed Endometriosis

I'm 29 years old and have been on the NuvaRing for 6 years now with little irregularity or interruption to my periods until recently. I typically have cycles that have some pretty strong cramps and heavy bleeding for 2-3 days, and then it just stops and all is back to normal.

For the past 3-4 months, I've noticed my periods getting slightly lighter than usual, but still lasting only 2-3 days, tops.

This month, I removed my NuvaRing as per usual and started pink/red spotting the next day with stronger cramps than usual. This continued for the next 7 days, with persistent spotting and at times, debilitating cramps that left me dizzy when I stood up occasionally and in pain when I sit or have a bowel movement. I seem to be alternating between constipation and loose stools to the point that it feels like IBS but I'm not eating any foods that would typically trigger such a result. This feels like the "bubble guts" I usually have accompanying my cramps in the days leading up to my period, but yielding few results for lack of a better way of putting it.

Just two days ago, I started getting a normal period (finally) - red, some clots and tissue, and finally enough to use 2 tampons over the course of that day and for the past two days I'm somewhere in between - its not heavy, its not spotting, its just light and consistent. But the entire time, whether it was spotting, heavy, or this in between, I've have incredibly uncomfortable and painful cramps radiating around my lower back, down through my thighs, and up into my abdomen.

I've been pregnant once before, and I have none of the symptoms - my breasts are normal, appetite normal, nausea non-existent, no persistent bloating, and most importantly, I have had a period, just one that has been bookended by spotting.

Before spending the money on a doctor's visit, I just need to know if this sounds like endometriosis or perhaps something else?
Have you been to the doctors yet? Sorry it took so long for anyone to answer you.