Endometriosis Community
Confused and scared

This patient support community is for discussions relating to endometriosis, fertility/infertility, hormonal treatments, pain management, pregnancy, and surgery.

Confused and scared

Hi I'm 28 and my husband and I trying to have a baby for almost a year. We ve been through a lot of stress but we thought to go and check out everything so will be sure that everything is ok. We did a lot of exams. My antibodies of thyroid are around 400 but my obgyn said I don't need therapy because my thyroid works fine. (But I read online for high risk of miscarriage) Our fertility tests mine with normal being 9 I was 16.5 and my husband's is 52millions in his semen analysis. I went for an ultrasound and my  doctor  found 4 cysts in both sides. Btw that day I got my period. At the beginning he said it's ok normal but then I told him that in the past, years ago,I had that and the other doctor thought it is endometriosis, but everything flushed out with birth control.He told me it's probably endo and I have less chances of getting pregnant natural and he talked to me about laparoscopy or ivf. He gave me birth control . Is it normal ? I have to do an hsg in two months too. Should he recommend me a thyroid therapy ? Is he right in everything he said ??  He kind of scared me. And he doesn't accept the stress as a factor.  Also he  said that  laparoscopy has a risk of damage the uterus especially me  because it's in both sides. I'm close to another hospital Dartmouth Hitchcock in Lebanon I will go there for a second opinion. Do you think is a good hospital?  I'm really scared I don't like any of those two options. I wasn't prepare to hear something like that
The best thing you can do is see an Endo specialist and the only one I see in Lebanon is this one

Dr. David Soriano & Dr. Ron Schonman

Endometriosis Centre,
The Chaim Sheba Medical Center,
Tel Hashomer,
52621, Israel
T: +972-3-530-3030

Specialisation: OBGYN
Bowl/urinary tract surgery: Unknown

If you have Endo you should use a specialist in this disease because if you don't a surgery by someone less skilled could cause damaged and increase your risk of infertility.

The BCP does not flush out Endo. If you have Endo you have and unless it is excised (cut out) once that is done going on the BCP will help stop periods and ovulation therefore stop the pain that comes with Endo. However is Endo is not treated the BCP might not work and will be useless.

If you have multiple cysts on your ovaries its possible that you also have PCOS have you ever been tested for that? Were the cysts blood filled or no? do you have copies of your ultrasounds, I can help read them if you'd like.

As per fertility and Endo there is no way to tell yes or no if you are fertile or not. The fact that you have been trying for a year could mean that a tube is blocked and unless you have a lap it will continue to be the same.

Have you been to an IVF doc that knows about Endo?
I'm sorry it's in Lebanon New Hampshire in United States
Not yet I ve never been to an ivf doctor. I'm goig to do an hsg in two months he said. And I don't have any of my ultrasounds. I didn't do any test about pcos. Nothig yet. He did an ultrasound and this is what happened
Oops then you are in luck here is a really good one. Its the closest one to you.

Dr. Martin Robbins

Advanced Women's Health Care
308 US Route One
Scarborough, Maine 04074
T: (207) 883-3883
F: (207) 883-5788

Specialisation: GYN
Bowl/urinary tract surgery: Does some of his own urinary tract work and performs discoid bowel resections. Is not currently working with an assistant colorectal surgeon and so cannot undertake cases requiring segmental bowel resections. If you suspect you have bowel involvement, contact his office to discuss your options.