Depo Provera
My name is Stephanie, I have been diagnosed with uncontrollable endometriosis for the past 5 years. i have tried everything, from lupron, to laparoscopies, to yaz, to smoking marijuana - currently i am on Depo Provera and have been for the past year and a half. I am noticing a lot of side affects from this as time goes on, and unfortunately for me this has been the only thing that even remotely helps, and i still have a lot of pain. some of these side affects include, cracking of limbs and joints involuntarily, extreme back pain, stomach growling when not hungry, headaches, nausea and sometimes blurred vision and lack of understanding. Is there anyone that can suggest another treatment i have not heard or or maybe has some advice on long term uses of depo provera as endometriosis pain management. p.s anyone hear about endometriosis being classified recently as an autoimmune disease? That certainly sounds about right!!
Have you tried seeing an actual Endo Specialist? With as much as you've been through I would say it would be your next step. Here's a website you might find useful...Also this is the specialist I saw about 2wks ago - very happy with them :-) If you have any questions feel free to ask.
As far as the provera, I have no idea. I was on it once for 9months and bled for the entire time. All I know is that I was a B****!!! It was aweful!! I hadn't heard about the autoimmune thing, I'll have to look it up....

http://centerforendo.com/index.htm

Go through the website especially the library and treatment.
So I have been on the depo provera for 2 in  half weeks &i had unprotected sex on first week I was  om depo & called a docter & she I would be fine bt I had unprotected sex again on thursday which on that time I was 15 days on da shot bt lately ive been feeling sick to my stomache now & den sometimes I get hungrg or dont & my stomache growls what is it ?? Help me pleasee im 16
I would imagine you are fine. Provers can cause many many side effects...if tjey continue to be overly bothersome consult your physician. I would also suggest if you are trying to avoid getting p /g you should most definitely be using another form of contraception. Also provera does not protect against any stds or hiv. Be safe and good luck!
thnk yuhh
its my 2nd month on depo nw & Today i had a brown stuff come out & Tiny crampss is it spotting & is it normal?? it comess lightlyyy
I too been having complications on this depo shot. I am on my 3rd injection and ever since i got the 3rd one i have been feeling horrible... from getting nausea, hot flashes, night sweats, dizzy, weak legs, not able to sleep, aches if i sit for a long period of time, constant bloating, my breats sometimes but not alot get sensitive and have tingling feeling not often though, brown discharge, white discharge, no period.... all this *****!! is this depo related??? please help
I got the depo shot august 11 and three to four days ago i have been feeling nausea and dizzy
You only chance at potentially beating this disease is by seeing an endometriosis specialist...I too had DIE endo and the only way to manage it is with the skills of a true endometriosis excision specialist!
the drugs they are giving are band-aids nothing more...I have tried tried it all in my 25+ year journey and what helped me the most (and I have tried it all) is excision surgery with a specialist...if you need help finding one please send me a pm and I will try to find the closest, most qualified endo specialist to give you back your life! You might want to read current and accurate information here-
http://endopaedia.info/
Please listen to those of us who have been on this journey a while we are trying to save you from taking the same long and hard road we traveled! Only a specialist can help you with this disease!  
Do Not use depo. It's the worst bc out there. By third shot, I was having a continuous period.  Which has lasted 85 days straight . I've had very severe pain. I had an ultrasound last week which showed a cyst on each ovary. The dr also suspects endometriosis,  because of the,heavy bleeding, cramping,  and passing clots. I'll be having surgery December 1st for this.
I've been on the depo shot since June of this year and the only side affect I have is weight gain a little bit and that all I also have fibromyalgia which is causing my body pain as well, you may wanna check that to because ppl with endometriosis can also get fibromyalgia to , I'm having the worst time having both but good luck tho