Endometriosis Community
Do I need to wait?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to endometriosis, fertility/infertility, hormonal treatments, pain management, pregnancy, and surgery.

Do I need to wait?

new to this board, I am 34 and suspect that I have Endometriosis. Here is some history and current issues. I started my period at a very early 11 (if not 10). I have always had server cramping and lower back pain during my period. To the point that I would miss school go home and take meds to sleep through it. It would shoot pain down into my feet. This happened up until I was put on Depo 12 years ago. At that time I stopped having a period. But have had 3 surgerys on my cyrvix for precancer cells. About 8 years ago that was all cleared up, I changed from the Depo over to an implant in my arm about a 2 years ago. about 6 months ago I started having my period again and now have cramping and lower back pain again but this time I am having very sharp pains in my pelvic are durring and after bowl movements. I looked up what this could mean and came across Endo. I noticed that it can run in famalies so I asked my mom why she had to have her hysterecamy, it was due to Endo she was 42. I had my last pap smear come back abnormal so I am to go back in 6 months for another. I was concerned about the Endo so I called her and her nurse called me back and said it was just sever bloating. I don't think she understands the history. Should I try and call the doctor back and talk to her not her nurse?
Not only should you call her back I would push to be heard. This disease is a silent disease for many women.

I you read my journals you might have the same symptoms.

You ha a period at a young age, your mother has it, and with all of your symptoms it sounds like you have it.

I had stage IV misdiagnosed for 17 yrs told I had ibs. I ended up having it everywhere including my bowels and bladder.

Please don't wait for them to listen because They won't make sure you find an Endo specialist in your area and push for a lap.
Thanks for the advice! I will be calling my doctor back and talking to her.
Okay let me know how you make out :)