Doctor thinks I have Endo ??
Hello, Since I had my daughter 2 1/2 yrs ago I've had nothing but problems gynocologically. First the pain during and after intercourse, then weird and painful periods and spotting in between periods. And then in the last 6mths I have been diagnosed with having ovarian cysts. First they were just fluid filled, then complex. Went to the ER the other night bc I felt like I had knives stabbing in my pelvicarea. Doctordid a ctscan and ultrasound and thankfully there were no cyststhistime.So I followed up with my gynoa few daysafter and he said he thinks we should do exploratory lap surgery bc he thinks I may have endometriosis. Between the weird and some what painful periods, the constant monthly pain and aches and shooting and stabbing pains in my pelvic and ground that sometimes hurt so bad it makes me cry and double over in pain and has even made me faint twice now, extreme stomach bloating, the urgency to urinate often and slight back pain. I don't know a lot about Endo but I've done research and all my symptoms fit and make sense. It's just confusing bc here I was being told for mths now it was from my cysts but now there are no cystsand the pain and other symptoms are just getting worse and worse. I am only 25 and have been blessed with one child. Haven't been able to concieve again, I'm in good health but this is just agonizing. I'm constantly tired and worn out from the pain and stress. For the past three wks it has been so hard to function on a daily basis. I'm having a very hard time even taking care of my home and my two yr old daughter. I'm very worried for what the future may hold for me. If anyone has any advice, encouraging words or has been diagnosed with Endo and experienced or is experiencing what I am...please respond. Thank you for your time.  Oh and I have also been on BC for a few months now.
If you have lap, get it done by an endo specialist. A gen ob/gyn does not know enough about endo to diagnose and treat it properly. To find an endo specialist near you contact the endo assoc.
https://www.medhelp.org/account/login

I hope this helps,
achilles2
thank you for the info. that is much appreciated. got a new referral but the appt isnt until march 30th but the doctor is female, is very familiar with diagnosis and treatment of endo and is a oncologist. so whether i have endo, ovarian cancer or both...hopefully i will be in good hands. Thanks again. Hope all is well
I can relate to you. I am 26 and have endo. I also have a 5 year old daughter. Not to mention she is developmentally delayed (possibly autistic). It is so hard to keep up with her! I have chronic exhaustion and lots of bowel issues. We finally caved in and decided to get a PCA to come help us out. It's basically a special nanny that your insurance covers.

Yes, your abdominal pains could be related to endo/fibroids/cysts. It's definitely worth having the surgery so that you will know for sure. It gave me peace of mind to do it. It could also be gas pains. Many women with endo have IBS and trust me gas pains are no walk in the park. Sometimes I think they are worse than cramps! Good luck and let us know how your appointment goes next month.