Endometriosis Community
Doctors in Pennsylvania

This patient support community is for discussions relating to endometriosis, fertility/infertility, hormonal treatments, pain management, pregnancy, and surgery.

Doctors in Pennsylvania

Hi.  I am new to this forum, but was hoping someone could help.  I recently visited an OBGYN that specializes in infertility since we have been TTC for almost 3 years.  Based on my symptoms and my very painful pelvic exam, he is almost certain I have endo and recommended a lap.  The problem is, he is out-of-network for my insurance and there's no way we can afford his charges on our own.

Does anyone out there know of a good OBGYN or RE that specializes in Endo or Lap surgery and is located in PA?  My insurance is very strict and will only let me see certain physicians.  One of them that is on my list is Dr. Gerald Harkins in Hershey.  

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!  This is all so scary to me and I want to be sure I am doing the right thing.  Not only to feel better, but to be able to achieve our dream of having a family.  Thanks and all the best to you!  :)
Thank you so much for giving me so much information!  :)  I will be sure to check out those websites.  You make a good point, why would insurances be willing to pay for multiple surgeries instead of just paying a little extra to get it done right the first time?  It's so frustrating trying to get them to understand.  This doctor that I saw has such a good reputation with endo and infertility, so I'm really sad that I may not get to go back to him.  That's great that you were able to work everything out to see the doctor in Atlanta.  Have you had your surgery yet?  I hope that you are one of the success stories!  :)  I appreciate your advice so much.  You have said exactly what so many others have told me - the surgery is worthless unless the doctor knows what he's doing!  Since I recently realized that my regular OBGYN is very insensitive and is of no help to someone dealing with infertility, I have switched to a new one.  I see him soon and will be sure to talk to him about all this and see if he knows of anyone who specializes in endo/lap.  Thanks again and all the best to you!