Endometriosis Community
Does anyone else have these adhesion symptoms after Endometriosis

This patient support community is for discussions relating to endometriosis, fertility/infertility, hormonal treatments, pain management, pregnancy, and surgery.

Hi, just wondered if there is any endo sufferer out there who has endured multiple surgery over the years and having problems with pelvic adhesions?  I find sitting for more than a few minutes makes my right pelvic area really ache and pull and makes me feel nausea although im not actually sick,  I am woken every single morning early with pelvic and bowel pain when i believe my bowel and bladder full the adhesions pull on other organs it really is painful and I twist and turn in bed and pull my knees up to my chest to try and stretch out the pain. Going to the loo helps a bit but my sleep is badly affected and but for sleeping tablets and pain relief which runs out about 4 or 5am in the morning I would be even worse off.  Strangely when im upright or walking it eases a bit, when i eat it pulls and aches and gives me lower back pain. Having colonscopy to check bowel and had laproscopy and hysteroscopy previously but pain came back, now they want me to wait and see what my menopause does (im 51)  then may try hysterectomy but warned me this would likely cause more pelvic adhesions and subsequently more pain!!  Has anyone found any particular painkiller more effective for adhesion pain that helps me sleep, tried amyltriptyline which gives me awful nightmares, take co-drydamol or co codamol, surely there is something stronger i could take at night any suggestions.  Have IBS symptoms too plays havoc with this condition. Lastly, if anyone has similar experiences I would be interested to get some feedback.  Jules
I am sorry to hear that you are going through this.

I have had two surgeries. 1 when I was 7, I had bowel surgery and a lap to diagnose stage IV endo 4yrs ago.  The doctor said I had such severe adhesions from my surgery from when I was 7 and the endo, well that was a different story.

4 yrs now and I am having similar type things but not quite the pain. I am not sure if its because I am on the pill continuously but the only pain I get is from my bowels and bladder.  I had endo all over both of them with a recto-vaginal nodule.

I feel like they are twisted and I am having a hard time going to the bathroom either way without pain or restriction.

I had a cystoscopy done and there was no sign of any inflammation, and they cant see whats on the outside so I am back at square 1.

I am going to be told to get another colonoscopy done in which I know its not that but I have to amuse them.

I always though I might have some food allergy that makes all the stomach pain worse but who knows.

I do know that the more surgeries you have the more adhesions you will have.

I have this ball rolling technique that a good friend of mine shared with me and she swears by it.  She had dramatic changes in adhesions by doing this her doctor was extremely shocked.  

Let me know