Endometriosis Community
Does this sound like Endometriosis??
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to endometriosis, fertility/infertility, hormonal treatments, pain management, pregnancy, and surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Does this sound like Endometriosis??

Okay...2 weeks ago I started having like a bloated feeling in my stomach as well as a feeling (not sure what) in my pelvis. So, I went to the gyno and had a pap done, she ordred a transabdominal ultrasound which was done a week later. Back to the pap....right after the pap, I started having pain down into the bladder area. It wasn't constant and I descibe it as a sharp "shoots" of pain and then it leaves. On a scale from 1-10 its about a 6...maybe.  My docs office prescribed me antibiotics w/out exam for a possible UTI, etc. I noticed the pain started going into my groin and a little into my leg, as well as some pain into my recutum area (this is very mild) I also started having loose stools. I went to the ER, just to make sure it was okay, they ran a urinalysis and it came back good (but I also have been on antibiotics) and then they gave me a catscan of my stomach and female areas. It all came back good...with no sign of infection (as I thought) they said it could be Endometriosis  (seeing its about time for me to start my period...actually I'm  alittle late)....However, I do not have hardly any pain, and when I do its not constant. I do have menstural cramps (but I think I'm about to start and they are mild) I haven't got my OBGYN tests results back yet... I've never had female problems my whole life. I was diagnosed with a thyroid condition which messed up my periods and then when I went on meds it regulated...but this same month I had all these problems, my period did last longer (from 7-12 days) but I attributed it to thyroid.  Now, I'm late a little. Again, this never happens, and my periods are normally not painful unless mild cramps. With the loose stools I thought of IBS...it could also be a pulled groin muscle, my back etc. My big question is what does everyone think it sounds like? I know I can be tested, I just wanted to know any feed-back. Thanks and God bless. (PS....I also started on Iron tablets about this same time...so I thought maybe bad gas pains???)