Endometriosis Community
Does this sound like Endometriosis?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to endometriosis, fertility/infertility, hormonal treatments, pain management, pregnancy, and surgery.

Does this sound like Endometriosis?

I have had pain for years in my right pelvic area. The pain is constant in mainly one area which is progressively getting worse. It radiates into my back, hip and groin. It hurts more with moving, twisting, or when I stand up from sitting. I usually have awful cramping with my period and this month the cramping was so awful but mainly in that specific area on the right. It also hurts more with gas or the need to go to the bathroom. Last year at my gyn visit I told her I was having pain there and I used to get ovarian cysts on that side when I was younger. She did an ultrasound at that time and I did have a few small cysts and some fluid. I have been having constant pain there since (for about a year) and just figured I always have cysts. I told her of the pain again at my last visit and she said I have mittelschmerz (even though my pain is all the time, not just with ovulation) and did another ultra sound. To my surprise the US was clear. She told me to follow up with my PCP and see a general surgeon as the pain may be from the bowel or the appendix. I thought seeing a general surgeon as a next step was a harsh next move. My PCP brought up Endometriosis and was surprised that my GYN did not mention it. She wants me to get a second opinion from a different Gyn and see my Gastroenterologist.

Just curious if any of you have similar symptoms. Thanks so much!
This very well could be endo. I am angry that your last ob/gyn did absolutely nothing (but not surprised). I recommend that you find a endo specialist near you . You can contact the endo association to find one near you.
http://www.endometriosisassn.org/

I hope this helps,
achilles2
Thank you so much for your response and advice. I am having a hard time finding a new gyn to go to. I found one that seemed good but of course she is not accepting new patients. I will contact the endo association.
Thanks again!
It could very well be an adhesion.  I consulted with several doctors before I found a good match for my condition.  Good luck and God bless!