Endometriosis Community
Endo/Adenomyosis

This patient support community is for discussions relating to endometriosis, fertility/infertility, hormonal treatments, pain management, pregnancy, and surgery.

Endo/Adenomyosis

I've had Endo & Adenomyosis for as long as I can remember but formally dx in March 2005 at age 37 via Laproscopy.  I was set to have a hysterectomy but insurance said no because no cancer was found.

Been dealing with it no meds since then plus a lot of other health issues.  I haven't had a period for 2 months or so (very normal for me) but I started Monday, everything was normal until I woke up this morning at 3am sneezing.  I sat up after I felt something "pop" and then intense pains inside my upper stomach.  

Waited till 5am and went back to bed when my husband woke me up I was bleeding on the sheets, even though I had just changed at 330.  Off & on all day been having kind of a burning inside the middle of my chest, pain in my middle back farther up than normal monthly pains and left side, every time I move, I bleed through everything I have on - tried maxi pads, over night ones both, tons of clots - small and larger and weird pains in my legs than normal.

no clue what my test results mean or if they matter? dr just told me Endo & Adeno...I had numerous irregular portions of tissue found with admixed fragments of hyperplastic enometrial polyps with focal features of non-menstrual stromal breakdown and superficial myometrium with superficial adenomyosis negative for malignancy.

Luckily I had a GYN appt next Friday for a yearly exam...not sure if I want sympathy or to be told to quit whining! lol I took a Vicodin which helped with a little pain but the clotting and bleeding keep on.  I'm just so drained :(
Avatar n tn
I am sorry you dealing with so much. If you keep passing clots and bleeding you might want to consider going to the e.r. This could be life threatening.

achilles2

I agree, too much blood loss is never a good thing - also the "pop" plus pain upwards toward chest and down by legs...go to the emergency room hon. Keep us posted and good luck... ((HUGS))
thanks both of you =)  I'm feeling alot better this morning and no more clots, I've had them before just not the continual bleeding and clots like that.

I have a great GYN; I just haven't taken care of myself enough the past 5 years and I'm sure at my appt next Friday he'll scold me about not calling him :P

Luckily my new primary gave me Vicodin for my spine problems a couple of weeks ago, which did help and helped me rest.
I am glad that you are feeling better and it really ***** that you have to go through this.

I am here if you need someone to talk to or vent to :)
thank you =)  

I've been dealing with this so long I've gotten used to just dealing with it all...and it helps I have a good gyn I just know he's going to jump on my case about not going to the ER with the symptoms I had :P  I just felt so horrible I didn't want to move.

I really don't want to have surgery again - I'll be 44 soon and may have some issues starting with menopause and been reading about others using progesterone cream? Can someone tell me or pm what it's called?