Endometriosis Community
Endo Returning

This patient support community is for discussions relating to endometriosis, fertility/infertility, hormonal treatments, pain management, pregnancy, and surgery.

Endo Returning

I just got done with 6 months of Lupron after having surgery for endo. back in August.  I was on ortho evra for 2 months and wanted my period to return so we could try to conceive.  This is the second month with my period, and I swear the pains are already coming back.  I remember my doctor telling me that after the surgery and Lupron I could have up to 5 years of relief! Could it be possible that it's already growing back? Has anybody had any experience or similar issues with the endo coming back so soon after just starting to get my period again??? Please help :) Thank you!!
When I had my first surgery for endo, my endo returned as soon as I stopped Lupron. I had Luron for 6 months and on my 7th months when I got my period I started noticing that endo was returning but I blame that it was my first period since surgery. I waited until my second period and that was a nightmare. 9 months from the day that I had my first one,I ended having a second one as urgent due to cyst about to rupture and pain. I found out my gyno did not remove all of the endo the first time. My specialist told me this information. Two years after my second one I had emergency surgery to remove the remaining endometrioma that rupture and clean up the mess inside including my liver,bladder and intestines. Now I am facing my fourth surgery soon. I am having problems again with endo and adhesions. I was supposed to get my period last week on Friday,so this is a clue for me that endo returning. I have the opposite my period dissapears when endo flares up. I have appointment next month with specialist but I am going to call today to see if I can get it sooner.
Yikes, that seems pretty painful and scary. I was at the doctor today and they told me that it's doubtful that the endo. is returning so soon, but I guess I'll see after I get this next period. I would like to believe I would have more relief after doing the surgery and the Lupron for six months.  At least that is what I was told.  I guess I can assume this won't be my only surgery, but I hope you can get some relief!!
It can happen soon according to my specialist. When I had my first surgery and had lupron, on my 7th month I found out the endo returned. 9 months to my first surgery I had my second surgery. Sometimes it can be too soon or sometimes it just does not flare up. You know your body and if you think that endo return then it could happen. Give it another month a see if there is a difference,if not voice your concerns with your doctor. I got my appointment next week instead of next month being that I did not get my period and have blood in my urine. Blood showed up in my urine sample that I had done from my regular doctor. I had 3 surgeries for my bladder in the past during endo surgeries due to endo covering my bladder. I will find out more next week.
I echo what the other ladies say and that is yes, it *is* possible for endo to return quickly after surgery and/or Lupron.  It happened to me after my second course of Lupron-the 2 cycles I had were horrendous.  But on a positive note, I surprisingly conceived my youngest daughter.  The only time I've ever been pain free from endo was when I was pregnant.

I do agree that if you are having severe pain, you do need to speak with your doctor again or seek another opinion.

I'm so sorry you are having to deal with this.  Endo is a horrible disease.
Yep - happened to me.

I had a Lap - 6mos of Lupron (YUK) and then another Lap.  I remember him telling me I needed yet another Lap and I lost it.  I cried and was so upset because I HATED the Lupron and thought if I just stuck it out, I would be done w/Endo.  Endo is so frustrating!!!!  Even after I have had a complete Hysterectomy, I will always have issues w/adhesions.  I feel good so far and hope my Endo problems have left me.

Good luck and I hope you find relief soon!
Heidi