Endometriosis Community
Endo cyst
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to endometriosis, fertility/infertility, hormonal treatments, pain management, pregnancy, and surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Endo cyst

Hello doctor,
I had recently gone through open surgery where my doctor removed 9cm endometry cyst. as per the discharge sheet, Left tube ovarian endometriosis cyct drained febs marrupialisation. Right tube is firmly adherent to ovary, right ovary grossly normal.  histopathology report says fallopian tube and cyst endometrosissess.
post surgery she asked me to take gynaset 5mg for one year, letrozole USP 2.5 mg for one year. and she gave injection of lupride 3.75 mg once in three months for one year(4 dose).

Now i wanted about these doses.. medicines.. what are side effects.. and is it advisable to take letrofil for one year ? i consult another doctor where she sugested not to take this letrofil its discontinued from manufacturing. she said luprid injection once in a month and take only for 3 months.

Please help me.. to clear my doubts.
Does this endometrioses will come again ?
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
HI,
It is difficult to predict whether endometriosis will come back. But endometriosis is a progressive disease and recurrences are known to occur. The hormonal medications are given to cause suppression and I suppose you have taken enough of them. Further treatment should be done only after a thorough evaluation.
Hope this helps.
Blank
Hi Sanjivi.. thanks for reply.. my sugery held on 11th november and now i m under medication.. not sure about if these long time period required ... i wnt a baby before it cuase damage to to my right overy and tube..  
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Endometriosis Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating Control: How to St...