Endometriosis Community
Endo question, please help

This patient support community is for discussions relating to endometriosis, fertility/infertility, hormonal treatments, pain management, pregnancy, and surgery.

Endo question, please help

I was diagnosed with endometriosis in February when I had laproscopic surgery. After I had the surgery I was told that I shouldn't be in anymore pain. Well that was not true. I have continued to have severe pain and heavy bleeding which started again about a month after surgery. I called the same ob/gyn, they gave me pain medication and told me that there was nothing further they could give me because I shouldn't be in anymore pain. I tried going to my family practice doctor and she tried to send me to a gastroenterologist but my insurance cut off so I could not go, besides im not sure if it is a gastro issue. It is the same exact symptoms I was having before, I talked to another ob/gyn and he told me it was very wrong of them to tell me that I shouldn't have anymore pain because A.They may not have removed it all or B. It can grow back fairly quick. A few weeks ago I ended up @ the ER because I was having severe pain, I couldn't really walk, and I was bleeding a little heavier. The PA there kept asking me why I was there,he said couldn't do anything but give me pain medicine, and he kept saying he didnt understand why I came. So I do not know what to do, im having severe pains again and heavier bleeding, plus im very nauseated. I feel as if there is nothing I can do because like I said earlier I dont have any insurance yet (ill get it from my job on august 23rd) and I feel as though I should not go back to ER. Any advice? Thank you for your answers in advance.

*PS* Im only 20 years old and people look at my age and think that im faking to get pain medication, that is so far from the truth. I just want to be able to function normally. Yes vicodin is the only thing that helps the pain right now but that doesnt mean that im coming there for the sole purpose to obtain it. I want to find a solution or something I feel like giving up on ever being pain free
Okay so what could be happening is that the endo is still there and the doctor was not skilled enough to look in places where hidden endo could be.

It also could be that they didnt put you on anything after the surgery just pain pills.

After my surgery I was told to take Lupron for 6 months after the bad side effects I came off it after 5 and went on the pill continuously. I have hardly had any pain since and i dont get a period so I feel better. Everyone reacts differently to different meds so you might just have to try a couple before you find one that works. I am on Marvelon which is a very low dose pill.

Your pain is real and trust me i know how you feel. I went 15yrs without being diagnosed and doctors and family making me feel like i was some hypochondriac or something.  

My suggestion is to try the pill for 6 months without taking a break to see what happens
I am sorry you are still in pain, endo stinks (to put it mildly). You need an endo specialist. I recommend that you contact the endo association to find one near you.
http://www.endometriosisassn.org/

Also try a gluten free diet, at least 80% of women with endo have a gluten intolerance. (If you want more on a gluten free diet I can send you some websites.)

I hope this helps,
achilles2

Instead of heat try ice packs for the pain, it helped my sister a ton and it has also helped me. Heat just increases the inflammation.