Endometriosis Community
Endometrial Strip?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to endometriosis, fertility/infertility, hormonal treatments, pain management, pregnancy, and surgery.

Endometrial Strip?

I have missed my period for two months now. I went and had blood work and OBGYN ordered a trans-vaginal ultrasound. Today the doctor called and said that there were no masses found however she mentioned something with the Endometria Strip and said that they were setting me up for a biopsy to check the cells. What does this mean? What could this even be? Every search on the internet shows cancer. I look at the Endometriosis symptoms and I really don't have any of them, I actually don't have any of the other symptoms for the other things either. What could be going on in there? I am so scared and upset.

I am 33, I have had normal periods since my period started. I have three children.  
Avatar dr f tn
HI,
An endometrial biopsy is not always done for cancer. It can well be endometrial hyperplasia. Any menstrual abnormality associated with thickening of the endometrium warrants a biopsy. The report will help make the diagnosis.
Hope this helps.