Endometriosis Community
Endometriosis after Menopause
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to endometriosis, fertility/infertility, hormonal treatments, pain management, pregnancy, and surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Endometriosis after Menopause

I am a 51 year old that has has 2 Laporoscopies in the last 20 years.  I have been through Menopause for about 8 years according to my records and blood tests...Last one 11 years ago.  I feel terrible and my GYN ( here in Germany) will not do a laporoscopy.  Does not believe I could possibly have Endo back.  My body tells me Yes.  My family Dr. here did Tumor Marker tests for me ..The CA 72-4 results came back quite high (normal is less than 3)  3 times.
1) 6.7  2)  17.4  3) 5.4....My Dr. believes that possibly the tests have come back high due to further inflamation (inflammation) from either scar tissue or new growths from Endometriosis.  2 GYN's will not give me a laporoscopy  Hysterectomy which I would like to have.  I have been getting many sharp cramping pains along with dark stools.  I am very active but these pains have had me slow down, which is not good.  Please let me know what you know about the CA 72-4 test.  I know mostly for Cancer the CA 125 and CA 19 a few other are used.  I will not be moving back to the U.S. again for a few months, and I really would like to get some other advice. I have seen in Canadian research that women as old as 70 can also have Endometriosis  back, or for the first time...
Thank you for your time and I look forward to any news you may be able to share with me on this.